What is the IDS Political Academy?
On this work experience placement, you will learn from those placed at the very forefront of British politics. This includes parliamentary staffers, local councillors, campaigning professionals and Members of Parliament.
You will have the chance to meet seasoned political professionals and develop a greater understanding of the variety of career opportunities in this field.
On this programme, you will:
- Learn to work in a professional office environment
- Meet and engage with your locally elected politicians
- Understand more about politics, careers in politics and political campaigning
- Foster teamwork and leadership skills through group tasks
- Organise campaign events and social action projects
Why Take Part?
Places to study at the top Universities or undertake a degree-level apprenticeship are highly competitive. This work experience placement will make you a strong candidate for any higher education institution or future employer. Upon completing the programme, you will receive a certificate and reference letter from Sir Iain Duncan Smith.
- Keen interest in politics and sympathetic to the values and aims of the Conservative Party.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience using multiple social media platforms.
- Prepared to attend at least 4 Campaign events.
- Age 16 - 18 years old.
To apply, please follow this link and fill out the application form here:
APPLICATION ARE NOW CLOSED.