Job Title: Junior Caseworker / Administrative Assistant
Working For: Rt Hon Sir Iain Duncan Smith MP
Location: London / Chingford & Woodford Green
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Iain Duncan Smith MP has a Full-Time position available for a Junior Caseworker / Administrative Assistant to support and assist his team. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, highly organised, comfortable working on their own initiative, confident at resolving issues and be adaptable to changing priorities.
This is the perfect position for someone looking for a first step in their career and will suit someone who cares about helping others, has a ‘can-do’ attitude and will want to become part of a tight-knit and friendly team. The right candidate does not necessarily have to hold a degree.
The successful candidate will work closely with Iain Duncan Smith MP and his team and have access to induction and training opportunities available to Parliamentary staff.
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload with an eye for detail
- Good organisational skills
- Deal with issues in a confidential manner
- Competent use of IT essential / willingness to learn new programmes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Dealing with constituency casework, including implementing a workable review process, and managing queries from members of the public.
- Responding to policy correspondence and providing administrative support to senior members of the team
- Liaising with the Westminster team, all Government departments, and national organisations to respond to and process all casework
- Responding to enquiries by telephone, e-mail, letters, and social media
- General administration tasks, special projects and assisting with constituency events and visits as required
- Ensuring records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with GDPR.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO).
Closing Date: 31st January 2022
Start Dates: To be discussed on a mutually agreeable date
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
The job post may be filled prior to this point.
Please send your CV and a 1 page covering letter to Rt Hon Sir Iain Duncan Smith MP by email:
Due to the expected volume of applicants, individual feedback will not be given.